0

Nokia announced the Lumia 2520 tablet at Nokia World in October. Nokia just announced that this Windows 8.1 RT device will launch in the US next week.
The Nokia Lumia 2520 will launch on AT&T in black on 22 November for $399.99 with a two-year agreement. AT&T is also offering a deal where you can buy a Lumia 925, 1020, or new 1520 and knock $200 off the price of the 2520, making it just $199.99 with one of these phones.
One aspect of this tablet that distinguishes it from the Microsoft Surface 2 is the integration of cellular wireless. I have LTE on my 3rd generation iPad and find it much more convenient and functional than having to tether to a phone and kill two batteries.
Data only plans for AT&T tablets range from $14.99 (250MB) to $50 (5GB). People didn't seem to be fans of tablet contracts in the past so we will have to see if this pricing plan works for AT&T and Nokia.
I personally prefer the option to buy a month of data when I need it, but then the initial price of the device would go up as well. I'm not sure if you can buy this without a contact and what that cost is, but will try to find out. I just found out the off contract price is $584.99 (may actually be $499 on AT&T). It looks like an amazing piece of hardware, but it may be a tough sell with Windows Pro tablets/computers available for much less.
It is interesting that Nokia is bringing some of their advanced camera technology to a tablet with the 6.7 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. I've seen plenty of people using their iPad to take photos and video and wonder if this new Lumia will also now be appearing in the way while I am trying to watch sports.
The Lumia 2520 looks like a sweet piece of hardware and I hope to try it out soon. I personally find the Microsoft Surface hardware to also be fantastic so it is great to see another vendor releasing a high quality, premium Windows device.
Via: ZDNet

Post a Comment

 
Top